Tangy Santa Maria Green Salsa
This Santa Maria Style Salsa is the perfect accompaniment to a traditional Santa Maria Grilled Tri-Tip.
What You'll Need
- 1 14.5oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned diced mild green chile peppers (For a bit more heat, use the entire can of chile peppers or even pick up an extra one!)
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, finely ground
Steps to Make
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to blend the flavors. Add more salt, pepper or garlic to the mix as necessary for taste.
Santa Maria Style
Flavors at Home
Need more recipes for simple, traditional Santa Maria Style foods? Download the official Santa Maria Valley Cookbook.